[Dixielandjazz] The wonderful Paul Keller

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Sun Apr 8 13:07:43 PDT 2007

Hello, List Mates,

Since I last posted about the all-star musicians at the upcoming Sac. Jazz
Jubilee, people have asked me who this non-emperor bass player is that gets
to perform with the Emperors' Band. He is the wonderful Paul Keller, and I
mean wonderful in every way. He is a phenomenal musician and one of the
nicest guys you will ever meet. I thank Tom Saunders for bringing him to the
Jubilee with his Midwest All-Stars years ago.

Visit www.pkorecords.com to find out more about Paul Keller (and why Diana
Krall still calls on him occasionally for her band). Check out the Web cast
of his 2006 performance with Diana Krall at the site below. Scroll down and
click on Part 2 of the archived video. (Please don't get political here!):
www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?&pid=724&srcid=586

So many jazz parties have to charge at least two hundred dollars per weekend
badge in order to fly in all these great, full-time professional musicians,
like Paul Keller, yet at the Sac. Jubilee, you can see two dozen of them for
less than half that amount if you buy your badge early or if you are an STJS
member or DJMLer with a discount. A great deal - a festival and jazz party
for the price of a festival. Write jim4jazz at comcast.net for DJML discounts
and visit www.sacjazz.com for visitor info and for promo codes for Jubilee
discounts with United Airlines and Enterprise Ren-A-Car.

Love and hugs,
Nancy