[Dixielandjazz] A National Dixieland Festival

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Sun Apr 8 05:28:10 PDT 2007

To Tom, Steve, et.al. who so ably describe the need for band promotion to
make money.

Hey, why not band together, (pardon the pun), and create a national
Dixieland festival--where everybody can showcase their stuff? Borrowing from  the
Greeks who showed how unbreakable sticks held together could  be, why not think
big? With contributions from many, and some cool planning  by the promo experts
named above, this could get considerable press coverage and  even become an
annual event. Who knows where it might go promotionally? My  business used to be
advertising. If you approached some big agencies the right  way with the
concept they might like it. You could offer everything from your  CDs, (all OKOM
band CDs would be specially priced, of course), to T-shirts,  pictures with the
pros, etc. You could even have our own version of American  Idol OKOM playing.

I know it's a lot of work. But, hey, it could also be a big smash hit.
Anybody like it?

I'll be there,

Dan (backup piano) Spink