[Dixielandjazz] No Funeral For OKOM in the Philadelphia area.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 6 18:42:44 PDT 2007

Don't count OKOM out in the Philadelphia area.

It is being bought by the entertainment directors. See the below website for
just one example. Lots of OKOM and modern jazz at one of the "most visited"
Philadelphia area attractions and one of the top ten Horticultural sites in
the world. They Produce over 100 musical events per year in addition to
other entertainment events such as 10 major fireworks shows etc.

Seven years ago, this venue did not know OKOM from HOKUM. The Ken Burns Jazz
Series, and some good old fashioned promotion by Barbone Street changed all
of that to the point where they now have quite a few OKOM concerts each
year. We play there every year, and love it. (see us there May 15th)

http://longwoodgardens.com/SwingConcertSeries.html

See my band there last year at their 100th Anniversary Celebration:

http://longwoodgardens.com/BarboneStreetJazzBand.html

Cheers,
Steve Barbone