[Dixielandjazz] How we listen to music

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Apr 6 11:24:44 PDT 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 10:19 PM, Phil O'Rourke wrote:

> Does anyone on this list listen to the music with their feet?
>
> Phil O'Rourke
> Australia

I have (in the past) - not OKOM, but there was a punk/new wave
nightclub in San Francisco called Club Foot! It was located next to a
school for the deaf and many of the students came to dance, "hearing"
the sound waves vibrating the dance floor. People that could hear
normally also came to enjoy the effect, dancing in their socks or
bare feet. Because the club was located in a mostly industrial zone
the bands could turn their amps way up. Now there area lot of "live-
work lofts" in the area and the music has died...

One very good group there was the "House Band" - The Club Foot
Orchestra  that has been making outstanding modern/post modern jazz
and new soundtracks for old silent films ( http://www.clubfoot.com )

( I notice by googling that there were/are several other places
called "Club Foot" in other cities - I don't know who was first.)

Dave Richoux