[Dixielandjazz] Why American Don't like Jazz

Mike C. mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Wed Apr 4 16:05:24 PDT 2007

What's really interesting about that statement is that back in 1971(the year of my birth) Duke did an album called the
"Afro Eurasian Eclipse". On the fourth track is a tune called "Ocht O'clock Rock" that definitely sounds as if there is some
rock influence behind it. The rest of the album also has different elements of African folk music and avant guard
elements. Definitely worth a listen. It's one of my favorite albums Duke did in his last few years.