[Dixielandjazz] OKOM and festivals

Bill Allen ballen at deltapathology.com
Wed Apr 4 15:34:32 PDT 2007

In my area (Northern Louisiana), we have frequent jazz-and-blues festivals, and not a one of them ever have jazz bands! They all feature the favorite area "roots blues" bands, country-rock bands (with maybe a harmonica to legitimize them as "blues bands") and classic rock bands, while local jazz players that I know in the area are completely ignored.

Ocaisionally one of these bands may have a sax player; I guess that makes it a jazz band.

              Save the whales. Collect the whole set.