[Dixielandjazz] What's a .32-20?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 23:29:37 PDT 2007

  Whew!! ya'll had me worried there for a minute that we were gonna get
the List police on us for no musical content even remotely related to
Dixieland jazz.

 Then along comes Dave to save the Day :))

  Sorry about your eye and other problems Dave, but hey an I watch Tv
every night and maybe you should just ask your Doctor about some of
those purple pills etc. but look out for those may cause sexual side
effects ones, and I hear that that purple one ain't gonna cause no four
hour erection problem either. Sounds like it might just be one of those
diarrhea stomach cramps and bloating ones.

And why ain't you gonna be doing any playing for a few weeks, do you
play by eye or ear ?   LOL with ya not at ya mate.  :))

Them surgeons are always pleased with how the procedure went,
especially if they get paid for it even if it leave you impotent for
the ret of your life or you die :))  no matter what it was a successful
surgery sorry the patient died.

Cheers and get better soon,

Tom

  I play classical music as well as jazz. Last night, I played the tuba
in the orchestra (playing the bass trombone part) for a performance of
the Mozart Requiem at St. Edward's University in Austin. The tuba did
not exist in its modern form in the 1790s, but correctly played a
modern tuba gives a nice, solid floor to the low brass in the Requiem.
I was grateful for the chance to play, and got good comments on my
contribution. The Requiem was played before a packed house, and drew a
prolonged standing ovation. Once again, this illustrates my contention
that the musician is more important than playing the historically
correct instrument.

  For those of you who know me, I have been through a long series of
operations to correct various eye problems (cataracts and torn retinas,
mostly). I had my eleventh invasive procedure (starting in 1995) this
morning to re-seat an implanted lens that had broken loose and was
wandering around in my right eye. My retinal surgeon was pleased by how
the procedure went. I am hope I am equally pleased by the outcome. I
won't be doing any playing for a few weeks, that's for sure.

 Regards,
 Dave Stoddard
 Round Rock, TX