[Dixielandjazz] Russ Phillips, Chuck Hedges and more at Sac. Jubilee

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Mon Apr 2 13:50:56 PDT 2007

Hello, List Mates,

Marty's post reminded me of a correction that's been made to ads for the
2007 Sac. Jazz Jubilee...

MARTY NICHOLS WROTE (edited excerpt):
<  At the 1999 Sacramento Festival... Chuck Hedges told my son,
<  John, and me to be sure to catch him later with Jackie Coon,
<  Russ Phillips, Eddie Higgins, etc. in one of the more intimate
<  venues. It was super!!! Russ Phillips played
<  "The Touch of Your Lips." He gave it his "all," and it was
<  really an outstanding 2 or maybe 3 choruses...

Both Chuck Hedges and Russ Phillips WILL BE at this year's Jubilee, although
the all-star musicians were not mentioned individually in the original ads
and brochure you may have seen.

Allan Vache has been asked by many people if he will be there.
YES, he will be there!
The ads and brochure mention
"VINCE BARTELS' ALL-STARS with John Cocuzzi (vibes)"
but did not mention who Vince's original band consists of:
EDDIE HIGGINS (p), ALLAN VACHE (cl), DAN BARRETT (crnt),
RUSS PHILLIPS (tbn), JENNIFER LEITHAM (b), with Vince on drums.

Meanwhile,
the EMPERORS' BAND will have the following all-star musicians:

TOM SAUNDERS (crnt), HOWARD ALDEN (gtr), JIM GALLOWAY (ss),
CHUCK HEDGES (cl), BILL ALLRED (tbn), JOHNNY VARRO (p),
PAUL KELLER (b), and JAKE HANNA (dr), PAT YANKEE (voc).

Other featured all-stars at the 2007 Jubilee:
GEORGE PROBERT, BOB DRAGA, JERRY KRAHN, TERRIE RICHARDS ALDEN,
and JONATHAN RUSSELL.

BED will also be there with
BECKY KILGORE, EDDIE ERICKSON,
DAN BARRETT, and JOEL FORBES.

Most all-star sets will take place at the SHERATON Ballroom.

Hope that clears things up a bit.
For more info, visit http://www.sacjazz.com
DJMLers get a group rate on badge prices.
Contact Jim Fusaro at <jim4jazz at comcast.net>

See you there!
Love and hugs,
Nancy