[Dixielandjazz] What's a "32-20"? (was More Jazz Musicians whocarried Guns.)

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Apr 2 12:42:08 PDT 2007

I think that refers to the cartridge size and the bullet size - I have an
old Winchester rifle that shoots a 38/40.  The cartridge is slightly necked
down.  Without measuring the two diameters it looks like it could very well
be .038" on the bullet and .040" on the cartridge.  Since the bullet number
is first I think it that was a necked down cartridge it would be 20/32.  My
Winchester is for black powder and as I understand it was a smaller bore
than most of the Winchesters.  This would not be a pistol cartridge if it
was necked.

> Incidently, my impression is that everybody in the US of A owns a gun, and
> will use it on the slightest provocation.

They usually call those people prisoners.

Personally I only shoot singers who sing out of tune and the judges always
agree that they needed it.

I think everybody should own a gun but they should have to stuff the powder
and ball down the barrel and carefully adjust the flint but only after their
sword doesn't do the trick.  I'm sure that this is what the framers of the
constitution really had in mind.
Larry
St. Louis