[Dixielandjazz] Re Hoagy's'New Orleans'

Ivor Jones banjones at sapo.pt
Sat Sep 30 02:55:32 PDT 2006

 Hi gents,

Re Kash's last email ....In my ignorance I was not aware of a bridge for New Orleans, we must play a truncated version, just a 16 bar in Gm. We are lucky enough to have excellent clarinet and piano players, both of whom play beautiful improvs, if however, we are missing something I know somebody out there will give us advice and the chords for a bridge.

Since writing the above, I dug out a recording of said tune by Kenny Balls Jazzband who uses exactly the same chord sequence as we do. No bridge !. Nevertheless
some guidance would be welcome,

Ivor Jones in sunny Portugal