[Dixielandjazz] Condon Style Ensemble

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 28 12:33:33 PDT 2006

Ha, ha, no disagreement here. I wrote that snip below tongue in cheek.
Still, the references to "cartoon music jazz" in the song are, at least to
me, readily apparent. Especially the final guitar slur. There were some
attempts by non-jazz musicians to play the kind of thing that backed the
cartoons.

Billy May is, of course, one of my favorite players/arrangers and was an
outstanding musician.

Cheers,
Steve