[Dixielandjazz] Condon Style Ensemble

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Thu Sep 28 11:42:13 PDT 2006

Steve;

Billy May's "The Wrong Idea" was a parody of the Kay Kyser and other "Mickey
Mouse" bands and, in no way, a reference to other forms of jazz. Listen to
some of the Chicago Style blowing of Billy May on the Capitol Jazzmen
recording of November 16, 1943 of "Clambake In B-Flat" and others.

Stan
Stan Brager