[Dixielandjazz] Transcriptions

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 10:32:08 PDT 2006

Hi listmates,

Bill Sharp asked me (regarding musical transcriptions):

>  Bill Gunter -- do you have any washboard solo transcriptions you could
>contribute?  (especially of that 12-washboard symphony you wrote - -did you
>ever get the funding you sought to get it performed publicly?)

None I would contribute, but I'd be willing to sell them provided the price
is right.

Actually the only transcriptions I have written are the three movements of
the John Cage epic tone poem, 4'33" -- They've been transcribed from the
original piano score.

I did, however, transpose the composition to E flat as that is an easier key
in which to play this extremely difficult composition on the washboard.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Count to four and hit something" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com