[Dixielandjazz] Tunes

Marek Boym nmboym at 012.net.il
Mon Sep 25 14:55:43 PDT 2006

Hello listmates,
I posted the following on the "Mississippi Rag" Bulletin Board a long time ago, and it passed without any real comments.  Earlier today, while listening to a compilation "The Original Sounds of the Twenties" I was reminded of it.  Perhaps any of you would like to comment?
Cheers
"While listening to some early white jazz, I was reminded that the early musicians played some terrfic tunes hardly anybody plays anymore! Whatever happened to "Feeling no Pain," "Delirium," "That's no Bargain," "Hurricane," "Imagination," et al? They are played at tributes (I heard some this year in Breda at a Red Nichols' tribute), but hardly ever otherwise. And how about "Freeze and Melt," or "The five Pennies?" Of course, they also played a lot of forgettable things, but who didn't?"
By the way, I often ask myself the same question while listening to the black bands of old.