[Dixielandjazz] When is it not jazz?

Cees van den Heuvel heu at bart.nl
Thu Sep 21 15:16:16 PDT 2006

When it doesn'nt swing, there's no improvisation, there's
no interactivity, there's no creation on the spot, it's no jazz. Beautiful
sounds or even music, but no jazz.

Recreations of written down jazz: no jazz, but sometimes
beautiful music, but still no jazz.

I.m.h.o,

Cees van den Heuvel
http://www.revivaljassband.nl