[Dixielandjazz] Performing instead of Playing?

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 20 07:03:01 PDT 2006

Thank you Tom Wiggins for forwarding this gig opportunity to me.

Since some people always seem to think that jazz musicians "play" and so
we'll work for free. Maybe we should talk more about performing music rather
than "playing" it?

Did anyone else "bid" on this gig?. Heck, I'll do it, I've even got some
free air miles to use for tickets to California. Especially if the "FUN"
provided is loose women and I can "get my name out there". ;-) VBG.

What a great opportunity!!!!! (NOT)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Jazz group to play at party
Reply to: gigs-205664866 at craigslist.org
Date: 2006-09-11, 12:04AM PDT

I am hosting a 20's themed party on September 23rd. Am expecting a large
turnout and should be a lot of fun! I am looking for a jazz band to play at
the party. Unfortunately I will not be able to give monetary compensation,
however, ample food and alcohol and FUN will be provided! It would be a good
way to get your name out there as well.

This is in or around Rancho Cordova

Please let me know if you are interested!