[Dixielandjazz] Playing in all keys - was getting serious for aminute

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Sep 19 11:14:39 PDT 2006

Each key has it's charm.  If you do what Steve suggests and play -
especially improvise in different keys new and different things come out
when you change keys.

When I was in college I played with a group of country guitar guys that
didn't have a clue about tuning.  Each night they would tune somewhere else
and I was always slipping up or down a key or two and readjusting the
mouthpiece to fit whatever.  Great ear training.
Larry.