[Dixielandjazz] The Nearness of You

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Sep 18 21:26:26 PDT 2006

Dear Graham:

we have very similar ears mate,

excellent choices,  and almost nothing Etta James ever did was bad.

And of course Nancy knows my personal fondness for the Blues.

Johnny Mathis also did fantastic versions of the song,

And Mel Torme's versions were of course Jazzically exquisit.

Bu then again I do like sounds other than straight Dixieland :))

Cheers,

Tom