[Dixielandjazz] Enjoying the Discussion on Ensemble Tips

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Sep 17 09:40:25 PDT 2006

I have been interested in the comments under Two Horn  Ensemble.  This is a
post to encourage more of the  same given the realities of when we cannot have
exactly what we want.   What's vital to remember if you have bass and chord
instrument/s but no  drummer?  If no piano/keyboard?   If no bass?  Can one
survive with a seated audience with no vocalist?  How important is a  gorgeous
voice compared to getting good lyrics delivered by whomever has the  courage to
do so?  Hopefully, these few questions help you see the  discussions and
opinions on this general topic that I think many might find of  interest.
Ginny