[Dixielandjazz] Re: Coquette

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 11 15:20:01 PDT 2006

>> >There is a track on redhotjazz.com entitled Coquette (a waltz)
> - elsewhere referred to as by Irving Berlin. I believe it may be the one in
> question.  It is by Paul Whiteman Orch. with a vocal by Bing Crosby.
> http://www.redhotjazz.com/songs/whiteman/coquetco.ram
> Have a listen and determine if I am right.
> Regards,
> Craig Johnson<

Dear Craig,
³Well bugger me², as we Australians are wont to say when amazed.
I had already checked the Red Hot Jazz site and somehow missed that entry.
I¹m definitely due for putting out to pasture, or down.
I had also checked my Whiteman records and only came up with the
Lombardo-Green-Kahn version.
After listening to the link you gave and realising that it was Bing singing,
I went straight to my LP shelves and found that I have it!
Once again, thank you young fella.
Kind regards,
Bill.