[Dixielandjazz] Gig Deposits - Was turning off the young

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Sat Sep 9 16:44:05 PDT 2006

I always get a 50% deposit for my private (non-booking agency) gigs and
have had no trouble with that. My contract specifies final payment in cash
for personal clients (weddings, parties) during the gig, 2% of the amount
owed surcharge per day overdue, and 20% surcharge if the final payment is
by check rather than cash.

If we are cancelled, I pay each guy what he'd have gotten if he gave up
another gig, otherwise I split the deposit evenly among 'em.

The contract specifies that the deposit is not refundable, unless weird
happens. A couple of times the bride cancelled out w-a-y in advance, so I
refunded the deposit minus $200 for my time and trouble.

--Sheik
http://americanmusiccaravan.com