[Dixielandjazz] Emailing: Red Sea Jazz Festival...8-26-31 028.jpg

Tim Eldred julepjerk at surewest.net
Tue Sep 5 20:15:15 PDT 2006

As one who used to sit in on gutbucket with the (absolutely OKOM) Beez Keez - John was the keyboardist for that band, and was one of the best keyboardists I have ever heard.  Has a gorgeous wife, plays with high energy, has fun, and is tolerant of an amateur like me (thanks, John, for all the help and encouragement to show that gutbucket can be more than a  "plunk, plunk" instrument), his opinion is significantly important to me.

The comments from the Red Sea Festival should be taken very seriously in regards to keeping OKOM alive.  Youth responds to energy and spirit.

At some future date, I would love to serve as a "marshal" to bring in an OKOM band at such an event, as Tom allowed me to do in Sacramento at an event St. Gabriel's performed.  (And they were marvelous, with Bob Romans participating...)

Tim Eldred
Roseville, CA