[Dixielandjazz] Red Sea Jazz festival

Elazar Brandt larryb at actcom.co.il
Mon Sep 4 08:50:06 PDT 2006

Shalom Jazz Fans,

Just wanted to add my 2 shekels' worth to Steve and Tom's reports about the
Red Sea Jazz Festival. Lest anyone think they are exaggerating, I was there
and I can vouch for their stories 100%. I saw only the first show and the
first jam session, then I had to return to Jerusalem for a gig of my own.
All I can say is, if the second show was better than the first, it's a pity
we all weren't there to enjoy it. The Red Sea Festival is known to not be
OKOM friendly. PHJB is about the only OKOM band they ever invite. Maybe our
Ambassadors of New Orleans helped to change their minds.

Blessings from Jerusalem,

Elazar
Dr. Jazz Dixieland Band
Tekiya Trumpet Ensemble