[Dixielandjazz] To give away your music or not to give it away :))

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Sep 2 17:13:55 PDT 2006

NOT OKOM:   But totally relevant to marketing OKOM music.

In any case it is better than having those unsold CDs stack up in your
garage.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

Have you heard of the band "OK Go"?  There one of my new favorites,
based on a couple of their videos, choreographed by their sister.  One
of the bandmembers was just on "the colbert report" on comedy central,
and had a conversation which merely touched on the idea that if you
make something awesome and give it away for free, people are still
gonna go buy the rest of what you have to offer.  I think that's true.
Here is where you can watch the Colbert conversation and then see the
INCREDIBLY GOOD videos by the band:

1) Colbert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TelfxyYb_ec
2) A Million Ways: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bav63MWNUKg&NR
(supposedly the most-downloaded video of ALL TIME!)
3) Here We Go Again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI