[Dixielandjazz] New York Jazz

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 1 16:58:57 PDT 2006

When traveling to various places, we often seek OKOM and ask on the list.
Invariably some respond, but there are so many other good sources that are
available.

Example: Answering the NYC question, about 4 or 5 venues were mentioned. If
we would all simply subscribe to The Mississippi Rag, we would find a
listing in every issue of jazz venues/performances all over the US and
Europe. I suspect they list 20 NYC venues.

For a measly $24 a year or so, you will get more information about OKOM
there, then you can imagine.

Another excellent source is The American Rag. Again only $24 a year or so,
and all sorts of information about OKOM.

We DJMLers are supposed to be OKOM fans and/or OKOM musicians, yet how many
of us support our industry (if we are musicians) or our listening passion
(if we are fans)?

Yeah, I'm ranting. Because many folks who say they love this music don't
really support it.

No, don't ask me for a website. Google it, simple as that.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone