[Dixielandjazz] The Ultimate Showcase?

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 31 15:27:47 PST 2006

I couldn't agree more Pat.  You got the real message of the post, . . .not
about these types of showcases as scams, but that MA as an excellent band
first, young second, and female third. is almost a sure thing for national
success OUTSIDE the small world of OKOM. . . . IF . . .

All they need is to grab the attention of a good agent.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

L Patrick Briody at lpbriody at yahoo.com wrote:

Steve,

Mighty Aphrodite would be right at home in any showcase!  I caught them
recently at the Glacier Jazz Stampede in Montana.  The young ladies are
accomplished musicians and combine to play excellent trad jazz,
instrumentally and vocally.

Noting your dedication to spreading OKOM to the younger set, Mighty
Aphrodite strikes me as a double-hitter - young and feminine!

Steve Barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net> wrote:

I wonder what would happen if Mighty Aphrodite went here?

Cheers,
Steve

Where ŒEvery Band in the World¹ Tries to Make It

(Remainder snipped for brevity)