[Dixielandjazz] Is the CD dead?

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 29 10:50:45 PST 2006

you can carry your entire music collection with you>>

Hi Mike,

you dont HAVE to carry any music with you a tall. Surprising though it may
seem to one of your generation ( the younger set) it is perfectly possible
to survive for quite long periods without a pair of phones or buds in your
ears.

Some of us can remember when we had to be deprived of music for the entire
time it took to go from one radio to another possibly as far away as next
door.
Should you try it you will be amazed at the amount of other sound which is
available without charge. The wind in the trees, birds singing, people
talking to each other. If you are exceptionally lucky you may hear nothing
at all. A chastening experience.

I carry in my car CD Player more music than I could play in a day. To carry
so much that I could not hear it all if I listened 24 hours a day until the
end of my life seems a little excessive, no matter how small and convenient
the package.

Cheers

Pat  :-)