[Dixielandjazz] Linda Ipanema and the Dixie Cats.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 22 16:37:19 PDT 2006

Took a busman's holiday and went to a Tri State Jazz Society Concert this
afternoon in order to hear Linda Ipanema and her band. Several reasons:

First, to renew old ties with Barry Bockius (bass with New Black Eagles who
was subbing in her band today) and also Herb Gardner (excellent trombonist
who gigs with a multitude of bands).

Second, to get a first hand look at how she involves the audience in her
program. She has a huge local reputation in the NYC area, among a diverse
group of venues and does about 200 gigs a year. I figure anyone who gigs
that much with OKOM must have a stage persona that attracts people.

Much fun, and I learned a thing or two that will strengthen my audience
connecting routines. If you are interested in this relatively unknown
(outside of the NYC area) jazz band, surf around her website.

http://lindaipanema.com/

Cheers,
Steve Barbone