[Dixielandjazz] Record Collectors bash 2007

charles coleman charliew8fim at verizon.net
Thu Oct 19 18:08:46 PDT 2006

Listees:   The 2007 edition of the Jazz Record Collectors bash will be held January 19th & 20th in Indianapolis, Indiana.   The announcement received today from Duncan Schiedt is posted below.   Hit your DELETE key if not interested.   Thanks.   Charlie Coleman
LOOK OUT FOR THE SPIN ZONE

That is, the annual gathering of record freaks at Indy, men and women who are hopelessly entangled in enthusiasm for recorded sound and who dare to defy the demons of inferior music. These worthies called jazz fans are called to once again assemble at the Clarian Waterfront Plaza Hotel for the 22nd consecutive year and observe the venerable traditions of the Ancient Order of Spinmeisters.

If you have previously attended one of our bashes (loosely affiliated with the IAJRC - an international jazz collectors organization) - then you know the sense of fellowship that we all enjoy for two days. If you are planning to come for the first time (or are recommending it to a friend) harken to the following:

THE DATES - Friday, January 19 & Saturday, January 20. 2007. Starting time

is around 11 a.m. Friday, 10 a.m. Saturday. All day & evening !

THE PLACE - The Clarian Waterfront Plaza Hotel and Conference Ctr.

2930 Waterfront Parkway, West Drive, Indianapolis IN 46214

Phone: (317) 299-8400. Mention Jazz record collector meeting

for the special rate of $62 plus tax per night (single) $67 double

THE PROGRAM - We consider that the heart of this event is interaction among

those attending, browsing among the number of records for sale

or trade, listening to some bona fide live jazz featuring our own

members and distinguished players invited from the local area.

But we do have some features planned. For example, rare films

on the big screen, a slide show featuring curious, funny and

sometimes sad photos from the Schiedt archive. We cannot

forget the late-night listening sessions where attendees bring

their precious discs and invite the approbation of everyone

in recognition of their good taste, or merely to demonstrate pride

of ownership of a rare recording. Whatever !! EXTRA: We may be

fortunate to have a special sheet music department this year

in addition to records and books.

THE COST - Nothing ! That is, no registration, no table charge if you wish to

show or sell something. Just bring your stuff and let 'er rip.

GETTING THERE: The hotel is reached by exiting I-465 at Exit 16A on Indy's west side. From the east on I-70, follow straight through town to I-465 north, exit 16A is next after the 10th Street exit. Be sure you leave via the Speedway-Clermont exit (16-A.) Look for the first traffic light, turn right and go beneath the interstate. Hotel is about ½ mile on your right, just beyond a small lake. All other directions, get onto I-465 (this circles Indy) and head for west side of city, exiting at 16A Your Hosts: Phil Oldham poldham at iquest.net (317-888-0861), and Duncan Schiedt   schiedt6 at aol.com (317-852-8528) We go rain, snow or shine !