[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Happenings - The Bayou Buzz

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Oct 18 17:51:30 PDT 2006

> Yes. He was playing "sometimes I feel like a motherless child" on the organ.
The rest of the line is "my my my, I wish I could be there with them."<

We have a winner!
Dear Mart,
Go to the top of the class.
But only 9 out of 10, as the the rest of the line is "I'd love to be doin'
it with 'em."
That quote (and the haunting organ solo) has been with me ever since we
issued some of the Fats' V-Disc session of 16 Sept 1943 on Swaggie LP S1227
back in the early 1960s. Unfortunately, with some wrong recording dates.
Very kind regards,
Bill.