[Dixielandjazz] "Radio"

Steve & Cathy Pendleton bestofbreed at alltel.net
Mon Oct 16 15:40:53 PDT 2006

The version of "Radio"with the lyrics posted on our list today, was
performed masterfully by the St. Louis Banjo Club two years ago.

Their CD, featuring Tom Wexler on vocals and banjo, and also John Becker,
octogenerian and favorite banjo in St. Louis who is still as sharp as ever,
also contains a top-notch rendition of "I'll See You In My Dreams" along
with twelve other standards.

Instrumentation includes anywhere from five to twenty banjos, the tuba, and
a trombone.  I know both tuba players (one, who was 84 at time of recording,
has since passed away) but not the trombonist, unfortunately.

Larry Walton, I know that you know both of these banjo players well from the
St. Louis Stompers and other groups.

If interested contact me for the person you can write for a CD.  You will
not be disappointed.

Best regards to all,

Steve Pendleton

Trombone