[Dixielandjazz] Steve DiBonaventura

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 16 15:00:09 PDT 2006

Gluetje1 at aol.com wrote (polite snip)

> I am replying mainly to put an exclamation behind your mention of Steve
> DiBonaventura on banjo and Gil Corella on tuba.  As far as I know these two
> have
> only one CD and that one a few years old, but they are awesome.  I  would
> probably rather hear Steve's jazz on tenor-tuned banjo than just about  anyone
> else.  I have had others comment they can't follow where he takes  the music
> but
> my ears can go there.  A web search on Steve will take you to  several
> locations for buying the CD including JazzBanjo.com  But I did not  find a
> spot where
> you could hear samples.

Steve DiBonaventura is indeed a marvelous virtuoso on banjo. Barbone Street
has booked him for a February 11, 2007 performance at the Pennsylvania Jazz
Society "Mardi Gras", in Easton PA, along with tubist Jim Parker (on
Sousaphone) another Philadelphia legend. Come hear them there. You'll be
delighted as well as amazed, as we stomp off some high energy New Orleans
Jazz.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone