[Dixielandjazz] CD- Wild Bill "Live At The Chester Inn"

James Butler jbutler6 at twcny.rr.com
Fri Oct 13 14:58:22 PDT 2006

Hey guys I am finding all of this Chuck Slate talk rather timely as Leo
Rayhill who hosts a nightly jazz program on WCNY FM 91.3 (Syracuse,NY)
has given me well over 40 tapes of Chuck Slate at the Chester Inn that I
have been transferring to CD
. They all appear to be from the '70's and have a lot of Wild Bill,
Billy Butterfield,herb Gardner,Vick Dickinson,Ed Polcer etc. on them.
Some are live at Condon's around 1951 and one or more was done at
Bubba's Place with the Bubba Kolb trio in Florida. The one that sticks
out is a Flip Phillips thing with Eddie Hubble. Anyway I was glad that
Ed Metz put a little history to these tapes I have as I continue the
transfer.

Jim Butler