[Dixielandjazz] Delete if you're not interested in key/tone

Bob Loomis miltloomis at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 07:49:10 PDT 2006

   Interesting stuff, and I just happen to have
stumbled across a list of the spiritual aspects
of the keys that I got from a man up in the
Sierra foothills who makes wonderful Native
American flutes. The spiritual keys:

C = The month before the vernal equinox.
Associated with greenery and planting. Tarot
association: The Emperor, The Tower, Judgment.
Color: Red.

C#/Db = Spring animals. Tarot: The Heirophant.
Color: Red-orange.

D = Thought, problem solving. Tarot: The Sun.
Color: Orange.

D#/Eb = Family, the moon. Tarot: The Chariot.
Color: Yellow-orange.

E = Midsummer, health. Tarot: The Fool, The
Magician, Strength. Color: Yellow.

F = Toil, preparation for harvest. Tarot: The
Hermit. Color: Yellow-green.

F# = The harvest after the autumnal equinox,
trading. Tarot: The Empress, Justice. Color:
Green.

G = Sorting and storing for winter. Tarot: Death.
Color: Blue-green.

G#/Ab = Deep thought, religion, philosophy.
Tarot: The High Ppriestess, The Hanged Man,
Temperance. Color: Blue.

A = The month after the winter solstice.
Tradition, planning. Tarot: The Devil, The World.
Color: Blue-violet.

A#/Bb = Optimism, revelation. Tarot: The Wheel,
The Star. Color: Violet.

B = Sleep, rest, United States revelations.
Tarot: The Moon. Color: Red-violet.

   OK, now to go back to Bill's post and see if
any of these parallel the
Scriabin/Rimsky-Korsakov
key colors ...

Bob Loomis