[Dixielandjazz] What a difference a key makes.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 5 06:30:30 PDT 2006

Billy Gunter wrote: (polite snip)

> Also, I'm not yanking your chains. I sincerely do not know what people mean
> when they say that the selected key conveys a tone color that is different
> than some other selected key.

OK, talking more seriously then: In that case the answer is quite simple and
the same as the answer to this time worn question. "If a tree falls in the
forest and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?"

If one doesn't hear it, then it doesn't exist for that person(s). Same for
all the senses and explains why we all have such different opinions on
everything from politics to war to morals to music.

And no amount of explaining will be enough to convince those who do not hear
it, or see it, or think about it, that they are missing something.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone