[Dixielandjazz] What's missing?

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:12:33 PDT 2006

Oh, the ignominy of it all! To think that I - ME - should bear the
outrageous slings and arrows slung by Bill Sharp when he said: "we may just
decide to actually tell you what's missing in your musical ability to
discern tone colors, especially since you are primarily a washboard player."

How sharper than a serpent's tooth, Sharp!

I play washboard for my innate compulsion to hit things, but that has
nothing to do with the fact that I am a classically trained musician with a
deep understanding and appreciation for the music of our western culture
from Guido d'Arezzo, through the 12 tone scales of Arnold Schoenberg on down
to the atonalities of Karlheinz Stockhausen and Pierre Boulez.

Furthermore, I resent your denigration of the washboard for it is an
instrument of rare delicacy and potential emotion expression.

A pox on your house!

Respectfully submitted,

Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com