[Dixielandjazz] Preservation Hall Players

Margaret Squires saxymargeaux at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 3 15:00:27 PDT 2006

It seems like Preservation Hall was the place to be
last night.  I just heard an interview, on WWOZ
online, of a musician, sorry I did not catch his name,
who is in the United States with his band from Sudan.
They performed last night at Preservation Hall with
several New Orleans musicians including some
"regulars" at the hall as well as some from Rebirth
Brass Band.

The musician from Sudan was talking of how he felt the
history as he entered the Hall and of how energizing
it was performing with the musicians there.

The concert was sponsored by Preservation Hall and the
New Orleans Musicians Hurricane Relief Fund.

Margaret