[Dixielandjazz] Preservation Hall Players

Cees van den Heuvel heu at bart.nl
Tue Oct 3 14:42:58 PDT 2006

I've played, as a guest, in the preservation hall in 1983 and 1985.
And yes, the musical ability seemed poor, wrong word.;simple, wrong word
again: basic.
But, playing there I adjusted to the "feel": recreating the old days and
had a ball! It's like a museum: you don't modernise a museum, you savour
the echo's of the past. A treasure to cherish. You don't change Rembrandts
either.
You just look and get enchanted.

Cees van den Heuvel
http://www.revivaljassband.nl