[Dixielandjazz] Googling for festivals

LeslieMRag at aol.com LeslieMRag at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 12:24:14 PST 2006

Here's an even simpler way to find festivals. Go to www.mississippirag.com
and click on "Links." We have a zillion hyperlinks to festivals and jazz
societies, so you can go directly to the appropriate pages without doing any kind of
a search.

If festivals don't send us information, we use Google ourselves to get
information for our "Festivals" page which has details and hyperlinks for 3 months.
Google is particularly helpful in finding out about international festivals,
which often don't send out flyers or advertise in the U.S. Another hint: I put
everything in quotes if more than one word is in the search, i.e., I would do
it thus:

"Fresno Mardi Gras" and 2007

OR

"Atlanta Jazz Party" and 2007

Works for me. Eliminates a lot of out-of-date pages or irrelevant pages.

Leslie Johnson
editor at mississippirag.com OR
lesliemrag at aol.com