[Dixielandjazz] Tune "Radio"

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 27 09:03:55 PST 2006

Do any of our European or Australian listmates play this tune.?>>

Hi Mike,

Although I know the tune, (did I get it from a  Boondockers CD?) I  have
never heard it played in the UK or even met anyone who knows it.Unless it
was totally re written the words would not mean anything to the average
Brit.

I am 77 and just about remember one or two programmes, Duffy`s Tavern,
`where the elite meet to eat` for instance. We  jazzers tend to be an old
lot there are not many of  my vintage still playing.

I am aware of some of the show titles, Fibber Mcgee amd Molly, Amos and Andy
but I can`t really think where I heard them. I can only suppose that they
were broadcast, along with Duffel Bag, Glen Millers band of the AEF etc on
the AFN (American Forces Network) in the 40`s. Thats where I heard Jack
Benny and Rochester, Bob Hope and so on.

The tune is good and deserves to be played more with or without the words.

Cheers

Pat