[Dixielandjazz] Tune "Radio"

Mike Woitowicz banjomusic at charter.net
Mon Nov 27 08:26:52 PST 2006

I'd also like to offer my thanks to Dave Gravatt for providing the link to the tune as done by the Creole Dixieland Jazz Band. Nice clean sound and great rhythm. Very nice job on the lyrics -- which is what makes this song unique. Our overseas friends probably won't understand all the very quick references to the old radio shows (Inner Sanctum, Squeaking Door, Lone Ranger, Our Miss Brooks, Fibber McGee, etc. I don't know how many of those were rebroadcast in other countries -- if at all).

Do any of our European or Australian listmates play this tune, and if so, what radio broadcasts to you mention in the lyrics?

Mike Woitowicz
The Banjo Barons Ragtime Band
The Dixie Barons Dixieland Band
www.banjomusic.biz