[Dixielandjazz] Ragtime lead sheets?

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 26 20:35:05 PST 2006

Sorry, can't point you to lead sheets, but here's a spot for lots of  ragtime
midi files: >http://www.perfessorbill.com/index2.htm<
Ginny

In a message dated 11/26/2006 10:08:11 P.M. Central Standard Time,
l.swain at comcast.net writes:

Listening to "Elite Syncopations" channel on Radio 365.

Hearing  lots of rags, played on solo piano, as written, and also many
performed by
ensembles.

In the old days, I spent forever to learn to play  Joplin, etc., on the
pianner (I have had virtually
no training in playing  from completely-written-out piano music).

Can someone on this most  resourceful list point me to a source where I can
find (buy?) lead
sheets  for the classic ragtime tunes (listening right now to Gunther
Schuller's NE
Conservatory playing "Sunflower Slow Drag, and loving every minute of it  --
bought the CD
[or was it the cassette?] so long ago).

All leads  will be followed.

Larry Swain