[Dixielandjazz] What a wonderful list (WAS: Louis and Country Western)

d. sleeman d.sleeman at hccnet.nl
Tue Nov 21 15:32:05 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil O'Rourke" <philor at webone.com.au>
To: "DJML" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 12:16 AM
Subject: Louis and Country Western

When I saw the titles Phil wrote down I seemed to recognize them. Going through my CD's I found one called "What a wonderful world". I remember buying it because of all them unknown titles but when I first listened to it I was a little bit disappointed. It is a compilation of said C&W LP together with a few other titles, among them WAWW, without any data, just the titles.

Since Phil was so nice to give the data, I listened to it again and now I find it has a certein ring to it, not in the least because you hear a different Satchmo. Thanks Phil!

Ciao,

Dick Sleeman, Lelystad, Holland.

<dick at sleeman.nl>

"...Of all the musical instruments in use today, the trombone is one of,
 if not THE most difficult of instruments. I know, 'cause I have one..."

  (Dewsnap in "THE TROMBONE", December 10, 2002)