[Dixielandjazz] "The Louis Armstrong Discography" + "Give Me A Kiss"

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 20 09:50:54 PST 2006

Sorry guys, I've been in bed with pnuemonia for ten days.
I may have missed the beginning of this thread.
For what it's worth:
I have  few copies of an import recording.Phil wrote (one of) the Louis Armstrong discographies.
He did not have this record so I gave a copy to Phil Schapp.
He calls it The "Mystery Recording"
===========================
I advertised it on ebay as follows.
===========================
Extremely Rare Louis Armstrong
Live recording at the Stork Club N.Y. 1962
Polskie Nagrania SXL 1158 (12 inch Lp)
Liner notes are in Polish but they are wrong anyway.

Personell listed: Louis Armstrong (Trumpet & Vocals), Joe Darensbourg
(Clarinet), Trummy Young (Trombone), Billy Kyle (Piano), Billy Cronk (Bass),
Danny Barcelona (Drums)

But that can't be right. Phil Schapp and I agree that it's probably Tyree
Glenn, Marty Napoleon etc. Phil calls this the Mystery Record.
1. Stork Club wasn't open in 1962
2. And "Dolly" was written after 1962.
3. It is a live recording.
=======================================
Tunes
Live recording at the Stork Club N.Y. 1962
Side A
1. WHEN IT'S SLEEPY TIME DOWN SOUTH (L. Rene, O. Rene - C. Muse)
2. BACK HOME AGAIN INDIANA (S. G. Honley, McDonald)
3. HELLO DOLLY (J. Herman)
4. ST. JAMES INFIRMARY (J. Primrose)
5. ON BLUEBERRY HILL (Lewis, L. Stock, V. Rose)
6. MACK THE KNIFE (From "The 3 pennies opera" (K. Weill, B. Brecht)

Side B
7. CABARET (J. Kander)
8. THAT'S MY DESIRE (Kress, Loveday)
9. OLE MISS (tradit.)
10. A KISS TO BUILD A DREAM ON (Kalmar, Ruby, Hammerstein II)
Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com