[Dixielandjazz] "The Louis Armstrong Discography"

Don Kirkman donsno2 at wavecable.com
Mon Nov 20 00:21:04 PST 2006

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:49:48 +0100, Robert Smith wrote:

>I've been trying to access the "Louis Armstrong Discography" at:
>http://www.satchography.com/home.html for a whole day now without success. Other URL's work normally.

>Does anybody know why there's no response?

I can't answer that, but I can get you to archives of what was on that
site.  This is a marvelous place to check any time a favorite URL goes
dormant:  http://web.archive.org

To use the service, go to the main page, and in the search area enter or
paste in the URL you're looking for.  If it has ever been archived it
will be found.  The folks that run the page periodically collect Web
pages and make them available as a public service.

For Louis specifically, go to
http://web.archive.org/web/20060502020659/http://satchography.com/home.html

They have a number of pages dating from October, 2000, to May, 2006.

Archived pages that differ from the previous version are marked with an
asterisk; it appears that that page has gone through four revisions
during the time it was periodically archived.
--
Don Kirkman