[Dixielandjazz] Looks like a keeper...

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 18 18:19:09 PST 2006

Now that we're all agreed (even Mr Barbone; heavens!) as to the value of
the Archeophone 1923 Oliver recordings, I've got a new question:

Generally, it is taken as a given that the Armstrong Hot 5s and 7s are
the "Rosetta Stone" of jazz.  In what sense can it be said that the 1923
Olivers are said "Stone"?  After all, they did come first, and seemingly
define, or at least trigger, the genre...,
--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org