[Dixielandjazz] Eph Resnick

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 17 13:39:52 PST 2006

Irv Kratka <ikratka at mmogroup.com> asked List Members

> Do you have Eph Resnick's phone no. and /or email address?
>
> He's an old friend and jam-buddy of mine.
>
> Appreciate any information you might have.

Hi Irv:

In 2003 I posted the following on the DJML. At that time, I had his address
and spoke to him over the phone. However, afterwards, my computer crashed
and I lost all my address information including his.

--- start old post

"Thanks Bill, and all who wrote me with information about Ephie Resnick. I
do have his current address and phone number now. He is living in the
Elmhurst section of NYC, just a few miles from where I grew up (Flushing /
Corona). He is also still playing fine trombone. If we lived closer
together, we could get together on a few gigs, but I am near Philadelphia
and about 130 miles away."

---end post

I gigged with him in the 1950s and never forgot how good he was/is. He must
be in his 80s now. He gigged with Johnny Windhurst, Kenny Davern, Wild Bill
Davison, Pee Wee Erwin and a whole bunch of other greats. Hopefully someone
will have his current information.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone