[Dixielandjazz] Microphone Advice

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Fri Nov 17 10:11:06 PST 2006

Musicians Friend (www.musiciansfriend.com) is a good place to look for
mics.  You can, perhaps, find better prices elsewhere but MF has a good
selection and a 'compare' feature that I like (including whether the mic
has an on/off switch).  Find what you want, then you can look for a
better price elsewhere if you want.

Here is a link to MF's Dynamic Mics
<http://www.musiciansfriend.com/live/navigation/dynamic-microphones-wireless-live-sound?N=100001+304624>
which includes the Shure SM57, SM58 & SM58 beta.

I use an Audio Technica 35 clip on mic for my tuba.  It has a surprising
sound for its little size.  Click here
<http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pdf/spec/270611.pdf> for a PDF
document with its specs.

I hope this info is of some help.