[Dixielandjazz] Megaphones?

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu Nov 16 14:19:31 PST 2006

I did a search a while back for one - our drummer is our main singer
and he thought it might work for non-amped gigs. I did not find much
on The Internets, just these plastic ones:
http://www.ramgraphics.com/cheer.poms.html  and
http://www.teamsportswear.com/cheerleadinguniforms/sub/
cheerleadingmegaphones

We didn't get one so I have no idea how good they are.

You might have to search antique stores or eBay for a real old
fashion cardboard one. I actually have seen some over the years of
antique shopping but they seemed to be quite expensive for what they
are.

I have never seen a dedicated megaphone stand - a mic stand or cymbal
stand could be made to work.

Dave Richoux