[Dixielandjazz] Electric (Electronic) Washboard

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue Nov 14 13:44:46 PST 2006

IMO, a "one-man-band" like Prof. Gizmo is NOT a washboard player -
totally different job description ...
(The washboard is mostly just a frame to hold all the other stuff.)

BTW, there was a TV music variety show a few years ago on PBS that
had a wide range of One Man (and Woman) Bands. (I think it was the
Lonesome Pine series.) My favorite on that show was a guy who played
a toy piano with one hand, a small tuba with the other and had a
snare drum covered with wind-up plastic teeth - you will just have to
imagine what that sounded like ;-)

Prof. Gizmo was on that show.

Dave Richoux